To continue talking about my weekend I want to talk about the wonderful people I met. I met some really interesting people, that had great life stories. Lets start off with the guy that called me about a week before this weekend to register for our events. At first I was like here we go again..I am going to have to read everything off the sheet and wait for him to decide...pretty much that day wasn't so great. I had so much to do and I felt like I had no time. But when I didn't know when I started this conversation that I was going to meet a wonderful guy. This guy began to ask who was all coming and how he didn't think people would even recognize him, but he went on to talk about how everyone would recognize his wife, because she had not change one bit. During this thirty minute conversation he just talked about how beautiful his wife is, how she hasn't changed a bit since he met her and how in love he is with her...what a wonderful man...I hope I marry someone that talks like this about me to some complete stranger on the phone. I was really looking forward to meeting this guy, and of course the only person I checked in on Thursday was this guy...o what a wonderful guy. He was so nice, a little scary at times, but nice. I got to say if you didn't know him and didn't know me you would of thought we were flirting throughout the whole weekend, but I got to say we definitely were not...but if you would ask one of my coworkers she would say that he was really flirting with me, was creepy and that I needed to be careful, but I know that he was so madly in love with his wife. He did scare me at one point in time, just because I don't really like to be touched. He came up to me during this event and talked to me about how wonderful the event was and continued to talk about how beautiful he wife was and he made me stand there and look at his wife with him. It surely amazes me how much he really loves his wife. I got the chance to talk to him about his practice and about what I was looking to do with my future while I was at the event. He was very supportive of what I wanted to do with my future, and he told me that "I see the rich, so I can see the poor" which to me is really what I was thinking...I want to really help the poor people, but how can I help them if I don't have the resources to make it possible. But even though all that was nice to know the ride home was when the real stuff came out. He met his wife at the age of 2...can you believe that at the age of 2? They got married at 19...now I didn't really ask how old either one of them were, but I am assume 61 just by doing the math. They married at 19 and waited 7 years to have kids, and their oldest kid is 35, so doing the math it would be they were around 61. But when you look at the two you would never think that they were 61 so I may be completely off...it amazes me that 42 years later that they are SO in love with each other. I can't even imagine marrying someone at the age of 19 and being 61 and still in love with them like the minute I met them. This couple has four sons, and seven grandchildren, six in which are girls. I could definately see that they were very much in love with each other, after 42 years of marriage, they still hold hand with each other, and he still opens the door and shuts the door for his wife...I was just so amazed by the couple. Can you imagine being married to someone you knew when you were two years old?
Another wonderful couple I met just sold there home and bought a mobile home to travel all around in. I couldn't tell you how old this couple really was, but I know the wife was very nice and even though she did feel left out being there , she was loving just being there with her husband. She was telling me how she loved that they were both able to spend this time with each other and travel all over the world. This is something that I hope I get a chance to do. I hope that one day I will be able to travel with my husband all around the world.
I also met this doctor, that you would think would be really mad at us, because we messed up his registration and one of his friends, but he certaintly was not mad at us. He really was understanding and made it easy for us to make up for our mistake...except he did want a Tubby Smith Signed basketball...which we couldn't deliver. He seemed like he really enjoyed the place and the weekend. He all around was a nice guy.
Really there was SO many amazing people there that I can't even describe everyone there...but I know that these people put the faith back into doctors for me. I really felt like doctors were really in it for the money, but these people proved to me that they weren't all about the money, that they were really in it to help people and change lifes. The one and only reason I feel like they should have.
No comments:
Post a Comment