Thursday, April 7, 2011

Birthday

Wow wow wow wow today I turned 24, which is not at all a milestone birthday or anything, but it was quiet an amazing birthday that I will always hold near and dear to my heart. Birthdays to me haven't really been my favorite thing in the world, but they are starting to grow on me. I am not exactly sure why they haven't been my favorite thing, but for some reason they just haven't been. It could be because I don't really care for all the attention, but I do think that people do deserve one day for themselves. If people ever had the kind of day that I have had, the place would be a much better place. Today has been truly amazing, actually this week has been truly amazing to me. I kind of kicked off the birthday fun by really celebrating another persons birthday, with an adventure at Woodford Reserve. It was a great experience, great weather, and great company that I guess perhaps put me in the right setting for the birthday fun. After that adventure started another birthday adventure for another friend, which was kind of crazy but fun as well. Then my birthday celebration started on Sunday with a cookout with my family. Actually it maybe started with a little Putt Putt on a great Sunday afternoon with an amazing friend. I mean I know it wasn't part of my birthday, but in general it just kicked off a great week. We played a few two of the three courses and even though we didn't do that great it was the company that was great. We were just goofy and had fun, something that was probably really needed for our friendship. Sometimes in life you just get too busy and forget about how much the little things mean to you. This really meant a lot to me, playing, chatting, joking around, and just having fun without any kind of agenda. After finishing up Putt Putt, I went back home for the cookout I mentioned before. The weather was perfect to sit outside on our deck. The menu was mashed potatoes, steaks, ribs, and corn which all of it was amazing, followed b a Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip and jamoca ice cream cake with little cones on top, this cake was some good eats. I really enjoyed having my cousin Kasey by my side to help me blow out the candles and test taste the little cones. After finishing up dinner we went inside to open presents, which I got some really good and useful things, but I also got some really good gifts that people had to put effort in. My older sister got me a bottle of wine that is called middle sister, which I really loved considering I am the middle sister. My little sister got me some potato sticks, I know kinda weird, but one of my favorite things to have on my chicken finger salad at Rafferty's and I have been talking about wanting them. So those were both really cool items I got on Sunday. But the best gift I got was sitting on the couches with my aunt, uncle, and cousins talking about the past and how much fun we had together.

Then on Wednesday of this week I celebrated my birthday with my work family with a crazy amount of desserts and when I say crazy I mean like 7 different kinds.It wasn't just the desserts though that made it great it was about the people hanging out with me and spending time with me. It was amazing to look around the room and see that all the chairs were full and people took some time out of their day to sit down with me. I work in a pretty busy place where it seems like there is never enough time in the day to get everything done. So it really meant a lot to me. Also the card that everyone sign is always something special to me. It says "to one-year-more-wonderful you" I hope that I really am wonderful, but also the comments that were left like "Every day is better because you were born!" These comments mean a lot to me I think I strive to be someone that does make days better.

Today for my actual birthday mother nature was shining down on me, which could only make the day even better. The day started off with a pretty easy class and a canceled class!

No comments: