Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wanting to Help

How can I help others? Today there was an "announcement" in our office and I wish I was able to help my coworkers through it all. But I am unsure that I can be. Tonight though I decided that even a small word of encouragement to them will help. Sometimes just a kind word can help and hopefully bring a smile to each of them that received a little text. I just wish I knew what to say and what to do.

Tonight I saw people that seemed beyond stress by the news and probably by other things, but I just didn't know what to say or how to react. I always feel like I struggle being the person someone can go to when they are down. I do care and want to be there but sometimes its so hard for me to show that. Could it be that I care too much? I hope that my small gestures helped a little but more than anything I hope that my believing in them more than I even believe in myself can be helpful.

Life is full of surprises but having those friends and family there for you is the most important thing. I'm very lucky that even though this news wasn't ideal I was told that they remember a great hard working loyal kid with all kinds of potential and still see that in me more now than ever.

Its not about what you have its about the people in your life, its about the adventures and time spent.

Somehow we will all get through it and be stronger better people in the end.

No comments: