Friday, August 8, 2008

A Week in Review

This week has probably been one of my best weeks in my life...after reading this you all may think I am a sad sad person, but as I sit here this morning and reflex on everything that has happened this week it makes me want more weeks like this one was. I am going to say my week started this past Sunday. We (aunt, uncle, Cooper, Audrey, Wendy's parent) all woke up got ready and headed to Louisville to meet my family (Mom, dad, Jen, Liz, Andy, and Yaya (grandpa)) for lunch and just a day with family. I have to say I wasn't excited to see my parents...considering this was the first time I would see and talk to my mom since I left to come down here and it would be the first time I had seen my dad since early June and the first time I would have talked to him since our big fight the day I left to come down here and if you all know about this fight you'd understand why I didn't want to see him...but going and being with family is what I believed we all needed after our little incident on Friday. So on the way down my aunt, uncle and I are in one car and we just talk about very different things mainly about Cooper and how blessed we were, how scary it was, and just all the things I guess most people talk about after you feel like your going to lose someone. It really makes you thankful for the people you have in your life...thank you to all of you that checked up on me and my family and prayed for us, you all are great friends that I am thankful to have...Anyways when we go to Louisville we all sat down ate, played with the kids and just all sat and joked around. After we finished eating we all divided up...Wendy, her mom and the kids went shopping, Andy and Liz went on a run, my parents, Jen, uncle Tony, and I all went to the gambling boat...I was a little hesitant about going, but Jen really wanted me to go and I honestly didn't want to go shopping and I didn't want to go run...so I went...Jen and I sat down at a table together and began to play...it was nice that Jen and I were able to do something together that we weren't arguing over and its nice that we both came out with some extra money. After a few hands and being up we just decided it was time to get off the table and at that time my uncle decided to get off the tables as well because he was ahead and my parents had already quit since they lost what they brought to spend. We all headed back to Jen's house to eat were my mom and sisters had prepared a great dinner...while dinner was cooking we played some cornhole (my families new favorite game) and watched the kids try to climb up the boards to see what was in the hole...they were disappointed when they found out it was just grass. Then we had dinner and I know that most of you all reading this have or had family dinners that everyone sat down at the same time and you said a prayer...well I never did with my immediate family until Sunday and my cousin Audrey said a prayer...God is great, God is good, please bless Coopie and this food...which was a nice dinner...my parents and grandfather left and went on home right after they finished...sure my dad had too much to do to stick around...my dad and I never talked and to be honest I am okay with that...So we head on back to good ole Leitchfield after a few bowls of ice cream and some tv. On Monday I get up and come to work...this day a med student came to shadow my uncle for a month...he's a really nice guy and he seems to know his stuff...but they day actually went really smooth and nice probably the best day here functional wise...maybe because the receptionist wasn't here... :) That night I went home and Wendy's mom is there, she stayed the whole week and she is like the best freaking mom ever...she cleans, cooks, does laundry, watches the kids, and is super super nice...I went to my room my bed was made, my laundry was done, and there was dinner on the table...this has NEVER ever happened for me...gosh I think I was doing laundry at like 5 and probably cooking for myself at 2...little extreme huh? but you get my point its just never happened for me...I've was doing my laundry probably as soon as I got tall enough to be on a chair and reach the button...and I was probably getting my own food as soon as I could open the pantry. I mean I know my parents love me but I've been doing a lot of things on my own for years and its awesome to walk in the door and get greeted by 2 kids yelling your name and one that has his arms out wanting you to pick them up and to be able to walk right in and be ready for dinner and just be able to relax at night because you don't have a pile of laundry to do and your not just watching the kids by yourself...I've been in such a better mood because I've acutally been able to rest and I have felt so much better because I am able to sleep as well. Every night this week but Tuesday we all sat down at the dinner table like a real family and said a prayer and had dinner and actually had good conversations about everyone and not just one sided towards one person. I honestly for the first time in my life felt like I was part of a normal family and its been great. Wendy's mom is one of the greatest people I know...she's so strong and has such a great story...she is 9th kid of 9 and her mom died the day after she was born. And a few weeks later her dad passed away...she had to do a lot of things that I couldn't even imagine doing at her age. It amazes me all the things she did to get were she is now and how she has such a positive outlook. Okay so now that I am reading this it probably sounds really stupid that I think of this week as the best week of my life, but this week really made me feel like I was part of my actual family...and I think it was something I have been wanting. I know that I have a "family" but this is different actually being part of my real famiily.

No comments: