So since I cam back from Leitchfield I haven't had a lot of time to do much of anything. When I was gone things changed here at my job, at first I was worried and not sure what to think about it but now am very happy with the changes. Definately still scared but is making it through day at a time. The second day I got back I found myself quickly in my new role at a Topping Out Ceremony for the COP Building that was a lot of fun. This was the beginning of changes for me in my job. The next several days I sat in on several different committee meetings and a 3 hours training that I am still trying to figure out why I was even there. Then the following weekend I attend the Art of Making Miracles event which was super awesome. I met some great people, enjoyed food all around town, great auction items, and just enjoyed a great night well before the rain came and I jetted out. The following weekend I headed to Bowling Green where I helped out at the Kentucky Children's Hospital Radiothon, which was also a blast. I got to hang out and have some fun with a few coworkers over a few days and got to see a different side of them. A few weeks later I got to attend a Golf Outing that just blew my mind away. It was crazy and everything was done so well. Then in October I helped out the COM with their reunion. This was crazy and lots of fun at the same time...this is pretty much where all my event planning and everything I know comes from. Along with this reunion we had a UKHealthCare Day at Commonwealth Stadium that just was amazing as well. Several key people were there and it was a low key event for all the development staff to be there well most of them I should say. The following week I attend the Center on Aging Annual Dinner and met again some great people and was able to show some of my skills off. :) The following day I got to relax and enjoy the sites of Keeneland while getting paid which makes it even better. I also attend yet another tailgate/work party which was a blast and yet again got paid to do something that I love! Then the following week I attened the Heidrich Celebration Event which was great fun with some crazy (drunk) people. I have to say though these people know how to party! Then the following week I attended the Lucille Little Event they weren't as crazy (drunk) but they definately were a lot of fun too. The following week I attened the Kearney Chair Event and had a blast this party lasted about 2 hours longer then expected, but they were the best bunch of people. The weather was so nice and the patio was open and booze and great food was everywhere. Then the next week I was able to attend the Barnstable Brown Event celebrating the idea to open a Diabetes and Obesity Clinic here...I got the honor of putting the white coate on Wilma Barnstable. This was a crazy event with blue carpet, blue lighting, the pep band, dancers, and so many other things. Then that Wednesday I went to the Terry Mobley Awards where I saw two of the best people in the world and a few others get a well well deserved award. I was/am SO proud of my coworkers Sally and Lindsey. They are probably some of the top people I know, no probably about it they are. It was so exciting and I thought it was great that so many people showed up for them. Well deserved. Then the next few weeks slowed down for me...until the Surgery Department Party first weekend in Dec...so to be honest I was a little scared about this party I had heard stories and was told it woudl be a long long night...but in the end it wasn't too bad..the party did last a while, but it didn't get as wild as I heard, but I guess there is always next year. :) The following Friday we had our development party, which was a blast and there are several stories to be told about this but I am not very sure if I would like to put this in writing...but if you ever ask me about it I may tell...but lets just say lots of booze, cat, hot tub, stripper pole, bets, loud talkers, cheesecake are some words that come to mind. Then we have had two people that are leaving the office so we have had lots to celebrate...that probably isn't the right word but I am not sure what word to use...but we are excited for them to be moving on to better things or just into retirement. Well that brings me to date about what has happened at work since I last wrote.
Since August I have celebrated several birthday some haven't been too excited but others have been pretty awesome. In September there are SO many to celebrate. Katie Hubbard's birthday we did the Libby Liu thing...I was questioning it but now think it wasn't too bad...she had tons of fun and she looked like a little princess. Uncle Tony's birthday we just went out to eat with him, but the cool part of it is that we got him a really awesome gift for the first time which was cornhole boards with the Bengals B on them. Then we also celebrated cousin Audrey's birthday with dinner with the family and a fun afternoon at Chuck E Cheese the one in Louisville that is...have you ever been to that one? Gosh the Lexington one has nothing on it. We had several office birthdays with lunch for some and cards for others. We went to the pasta bar for one which was AWESOME, specially now that they have boxes to take your leftovers home. Then I surprised my friend Mary Beth with dinner and some "opera" tickets to see Ain't Misbehavin'...funny story to this is that she kept throwing a fit about nobody doing anything for her and how nobody cared and she went to Wal-mart shopping because nobody was going to do anything and the whole time we had planned to cook dinner for her, got cake, presents, and so much more...I wish I had a camera when she walked in to show her how surprised she looked and probably how embarrassed she was. Then that weekend we celebrated Walker Hubbards birthday at Bounce U...this place is awesome! Its all the big blow up bounce things everywhere and you just jump in them and play. There was a boxing ring where I dominated on Sarah and Becca...well really just Sarah. They had basketball thing going on, obstacle course, and some other things. I highly recommend this for a birthday party. My sisters birthday was in October we didn't do too much just went to a football game together, but I guess it was enough she seemed happy about it. My cousin Eric's birthday was also in October and we jsut went to Outback and ate and ate too much of course. Becca and Sarah Vicini's birthday was in November and my sister and I took them to an outlet mall for them to shop. My grandfather's birthday was in Nov as well and we just took him to Churchill and ate dinner nothing too fancy but just what he wanted. We also celebrated my grandma's birthday this month and it was just too crazy to really talk about maybe I will blog about it later.
We also had a little bit of a scare with my grandfather but everything has turned out well and he is still here and kicking it. It was pretty scary and am so glad he made it through, but it makes me very aware that it is coming sooner or later....jutst hoping for later.
School is going farely well but not really a lot to say about it...I did pretty well this semester with a 3.0 after a lot of arguing with a teacher to get a grade fixed but now well worth it. I wish I would have done better but I am happy with it. I am hoping to do well this coming semester and work the summer and see about transfering to Eastern and hopefully have about a year and be done with school and looking for a job...wish me luck.
Family is all doing pretty well, I suppose I don't keep up with them myself really.
Well I think I am pretty caught up with whats been going on with my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment