This year a dear friend of mine gave me a very wonderful gift of Santa Snoopy. Santa Snoopy was a version of the Christmas Penguin and Mouse. Santa Snoopy was brought here to help me countdown to Christmas. It was a great surprise and even though I didn't really ever get into the Christmas spirit this helped me make it through Christmas and put several smiles on my face for the month of December. I got a nice Snoopy Dog House that had blocks to countdown the days, yummy Hawaiian Punch, a pack of five gum, a clock that plays the peanut song at each hour (sometime scary but pretty cool overall), a make your own Snoopy ornament, my favorite chapstick, a Lucy snowglobe, really cute Snoopy stickers, some tissues, pink slippers, snoopy water bottle, a snowman ornament with my name on it, snoopy socks and towel, a slinky, snoopy cookie kit that makes giant snoopy house, a bag of coal (which was not nice at all) and some more tissues, a mini snoopy (that went on my road trip that I talked about earlier), some awesome magnets just in time to use to hang up my Christmas cards, silly putty that kept me entertained, a awesome Snoopy and Woodstock stocking mug. I'm not going to lie some of the gifts were really weird and I was starting to question if the person really even knew me but then on Christmas I was able to spend time with "Santa Snoopy" and got a few more really cool gifts and a perfect way to end it all. I got a Peanuts Holiday Story Book, a Snoopy lunch bag that I am excited to use, an awesome Peanut calendar I've been wanting since November. It will remind me every day how lucky I am to have such a great friend.
The biggest gift though was a little tin with a note inside it. It was a very simple note but with some powerful words and a extraordinary gift. It says "I'm so thankful to have you as my friend. You truly are an amazing person. You are the most generous person I know. And your generosity inspires me daily. In honor of that spirit, a gift has been made in your name to KCH. Thank you for the gift of your friendship all year long." These words mean a lot to me, after the year I have had it amazes me that this person is thankful for me. And I definitely haven't felt like the most generous person this year or inspirational at all so it means a lot to me even when I've had a rough time I can still be inspirational and generous. I thank this person for being my friend, always believing in me and constantly giving me hope. I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment