This morning I woke up and went back to Frankfort to get ready to work at China Wok, but before this happened I hung out in the living room with my sisters. During this time of just hanging out my grandfather came upstairs and asked that a note be translate that was sent to him from his friend. Unfortunately the note wasn't from his friend it was actually from his family letting my grandfather know that his friend had passed away. My grandfather was so excited to get this card, he had been getting a card from him every year and so he assumed it was the same thing. This year the card included the obituary, a little note, a picture of the whole family and a picture of the friend and the wife. The translation happened and had to break the new that his friend had passed but that his friend was very appreciative of him being his friend. But this was really hard because you never know what will happen and it made my grandfather really sad. Wasn't the best way to start Christmas Eve but it made me really start to think about my grandfather and my grandmother. My grandfather is 88 years old and he is at times talking about how he will die at some point. After this translation happened my grandfather looked at us and told us he loved us very much and that he wanted us to know that. So it has be thinking and hoping that everyone that I love knows that I love them because you just never know what will happen.
Its kinda scary to think about death and scary to hear my grandfather and grandmother talk about it. I know that it will happen at some point, but I just can't imagine my life without them. They have been a huge part of my life and who I am. Its just really scared to think about it but it will happen so I am hoping to take every moment with them a great one and to hopefully let them know I love them with all my heart. I also hope that I am the granddaughter that they want me to be, the person they hoped I would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment