Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Expectations
I dunno why I am always shocked at people's reactions to things or how they handle things. As much as I want to think the people in my life are where I think and want them to be it seems to always be wrong and disappointing. I can't understand right now the people in my life. Perhaps this is my fault in not being able to tell them what I need...but I guess I've always felt like if they really cared they would figure it out and maybe that is because that is how I feel about it and how I feel like I am. I feel that if I know or feel like someone is in need of something I try my best to be there and be the thing that they need, but I guess not everyone feels that way. I am struggling in how I feel overall in this as well because I think that I do really feel how I feel but I also feel that I am honest to them when they ask about this. So how can I feel like they are trying to be there but also feel angry about it? Are the people in my life not really what I think, but its what I want to believe they are? Do I say the things I say because it would make them feel better even if it may not make me?
I know my expectation have been high and maybe they are still high, but is it really that much to ask for people to be there for you? You don't have to know the answer or solve the problems that are going on it just about being there, spending time with someone, trying to make their day better, trying to just help in someway. I know I am not the best with my words so I know being there to listen is really hard because I may not have any words to say, but being there even if its dead silence sometimes is more important. For me I would give my life, I would make a sacrifice and do what I can to make things better. And I know people are busy and have lives and they don't revolve around me but sometimes its about making the time for someone in need. Its not about what is convenient for you its about being there for someone you care about no matter what. Even when its completely inconvenient for me I try my very best to make the effort to be there for others...perhaps now that I read this I am stupid and that my expectations are too much for others, but are their expectations too high for me too? If I was to step back and stop putting them first what would happen? Is it wrong to be there for others no matter what?
How can you someone say they care for you and are there for you leave you when your upset? How can someone not answer someone when they are upset? How can someone just walk away from someone that is need of a friend? How can all these things happen without what seems to be in hesitation?
Should I be reevaluating things? Tonight I can't understand nor do I know if I can really. I think its because I am frustrated right now because I think I am in need of someone to just be there. I know that there are ups and downs in all relationships so perhaps that is all this is. I tonight am just lost right now in how I feel about all things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment