Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Catch Up

So its been a crazy few weeks since I last posted so here is my catch up blog for you all.

On the 8th I had the opportunity to serve a meal at the hope center which their mission is to care for homeless and at-risk persons by providing life-sustaining and life-rebuilding services that are comprehensive and address underlying causes. This was a great experience and hope to have the chance to do it some more in the future.

On the 11th I had dinner with most of my dad's side of the family for my grandmother's birthday which was nice since I haven't really had the chance to see her or spend much time with her. After they left my uncle, his wife, and the kids came and ate some dinner so it was nice to spend some time with family that I haven't had much chance to this year.

On the 12th I had my annual tree decorating and just catching up with my boss. This is always something I really enjoy doing and typically what gets me in the Christmas spirit.

On the 13th we had a going away breakfast for a coworker. Its crazy thinking how many people have come in gone in the years I have been there. I am hoping my time will come soon. Gosh I need a real job!

On the 14th we had another Penguin adventure that lead us to visit my hometown and the capital here. Also it lead us to the KaLightoscope in Louisville and one really awesome dinner. Ooo man I had the best soup ever that night and then followed by my favorite place to get spamoni! MmmmMmmm wish I ate like that tonight.

On the 16th we had a surprise lunch for the coworker for her last day. I also headed to TN with my friend to check out their homestead.

The trip to TN 16th-18th was fun and a great weekend. We attended a graduation when we got in on the 16th, had some dinner, chatted some and pretty much headed to bed. The 17th we woke up and just hung around the house for a while and then went for a late lunch, followed by a tour of the town and college, a little bit of shopping, headed back to the house, out to dinner, back to the house chatted and watched a little basketball, and then to see some lights. The light were awesome and completely worth the wait for me, but not 100% sure the others in the car would agree with that statement though, but they were troopers. Then the last day we just got up ate some breakfast got ready and headed back. It was all a very nice trip even the drive with some nice conversations and great scenery.

Then yesterday a group of us from work took some time and served dinner at the Hope Lodge. The Hope Lodge provides free overnight lodging for cancer patients and their caregivers, creating an environment which eases both the stress of the cancer journey and the financial challenge of receiving lifesaving treatment. Hope Lodge is a place to share your meal, share in the evening’s activities or find peace in your own room. The serving of the meal is always a great thing to do I think, but even better when you do it with some of your closes friends. It also was so wonderful because we were able to hang out with the patients and one guy began to play carols for the others to sing to and just enjoy. It really was a great night all around and a perfect way to start the Christmas week.

Today there wasn't too much going on really. I am just relaxing some and getting ready for the next Penguin adventure.

No comments: