I had such a great time in Nashville the last day and half or so. I headed to Nashville for a Penguin adventure on Wednesday for a traditional Christmas fun. Two years ago we watched reach its 2000th win, behind the bench of the Wildcats! Then last year we went to Indianapolis to watch Wicked, which was amazing! Then this year we went to Nashville. We were able to leave a little early and have a little more time in Nashville so we had a little more time this year. We were also able to leave work a little earlier so we could take our time driving down and able to get to relax a little in the hotel before heading out for dinner. We also just did some hanging out and chatting with Lindsey's friend Carrie that lives in Nashville. Also before we headed to dinner we headed for a little drive through Opryland. We then went to Sunset Grille where we had what I think was a pretty awesome meal. We started off with the classic hummus that came with sundried tomato-golden raisin chutney, basil pistou, kalamata olive tapenade, Marcona almonds, peppered TN feta cheese, fig compote & soft pita points. It was really really good and a good appetizer, but there is also a million other things that would have been good to try too. Next time I would like to try the polenta fries or the gnocchi. It was a good thing we didn't get anything that was too hardy though because or meals were pretty nice portions and really good as well. I had me the Coca-Cola BBQ Beef Short Ribs that came with sweet potato cakes, collard greens, and some apple butter onions and Lindsey got the flank steak with mashed taters and green beans with a demi glace which was both really good. I am starting to like this sharing thing a little more, its a great way to try different kinds of food. Carrie got the seafood platter that had shrimp and grits, crab cake, and calamari. I of course decided that I needed some ice cream too, which that night they had pumpkin, which was really good.
After dinner we said bye to Carrie and we headed to the Grand Ole Opry where we saw the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes!!! It was awesome and a great way I think to start the Christmas festivities. If you ever get a chance to go you definitely should do it. I was very impressed and was so glad to share it with Lindsey.
After the show tour the Opryland facilities some more were we took lots of pictures of the lovely lights inside and out. Then we headed back to the hotel. Chatted some and I got a Hippo! Ultimately we were just so tired and headed to bed.
The next morning we just took our time and got ready, chatted some more, and then headed out for some breakfast/lunch, and some shopping. We went to Fido for breakfast, which was really really good! Lindsey had the veggie scramble, which was eggs scrambled with baby spinach, tomatoes, roasted onions and jack & cheddar cheese and I got the steak scramble, which was marinated flank steak with scrambled eggs, roasted onions, spinach, jack and cheddar cheese. Both served with salsa, hash browns and toast. Since I love potatoes I added the Amazing fries with aioli, which was amazing and highly recommended by me.
We then went to Target and the outlets and then headed home, with a nice drive and conversation. I love how much we have grown and how easy things are now.
No comments:
Post a Comment