Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Resolution Recap

So at the end of last year I set 5 resolutions for myself. These being the 5 and the original post is here.
1. Getting healthier, eating better, and exercising regularly.
2. Working on my expectations for others.
3. Being safe in the car, wearing a seat belt always and no playing with the phone.
4. Don't waste time or energy on things/people that don't matter.
5. Working on letting people, sharing my emotions, being more open.

1. Getting healthier, eating better, and exercising regularly.
I actually feel like I did pretty good on this one, but definitely still need work and should always keep this as a priority for myself. This year I have lost around 30 lbs and actually feel healthier. I still got a lot to work to do I think, but now I know I can do it and am feeling better about it. Its all about baby steps with me. Perhaps I will start going to aerobics or start my own work out plan. I have learned a lot this year about eating right, cooking right, and working out the right ways. I think the confidence boost that I can do it will make all the difference for me.

2. Working on my expectations for others.
This one I hope I achieved in some ways. I think that my standards for others are a little more reasonable and I have learned a lot this year. It has also really helped my growth as a person and in my relationships with others. I think this is something I will have to continue to work on because I know that I go back to it sometimes. I also think that I should maybe focus some more on my own standards for myself. I really just want to be the best person I can be and that sometimes means I have high standards for myself. So hoping that this upcoming year I do better about holding myself to standards and hopefully continue not expecting too much from people.

3. Being safe in the car, wearing a seat belt always and no playing with the phone.
This one started off well for me and then it just went bad. I did do better on my phone usage but not so sure on the seat belt. So lets just try this one again.

4. Don't waste time or energy on things/people that don't matter.
This one also sucked. I tried not to but a lot happened in 2011 that I wasted a lot of time on and still am wasting time on. This one may have to be a few years resolution because at 24 I am still the most stressed out person I know.

5. Working on letting people, sharing my emotions, being more open.
I think I did this one pretty well...maybe too well. I think I opened up a lot to certain people and possibly too much at times, but I did let others in and share emotions and be more open more than I thought I could be. I definitely grew.

The good thing I think about these resolutions and what I think makes them somewhat successful is that I never really thought about them. It wasn't like I was sitting around in March saying gotta do those resolutions. They were things I thought about at the end of the year that somewhat stuck to me or things that just became natural I think because I wanted to make the changes. Resolutions to me should be things we want to do to better ourselves and not something we do because we made a checklist. So I feel that overall it was a pretty successful to write out the post and just have something in my mind for a bit. For 2012 I am hoping that this year I dream big, believe wholeheartedly, and achieve all that I can.

No comments: