After having a fabulous time in the Finger Lakes we packed up our tent and headed to Niagara Falls. As soon as we got there we walked into a visitor center, which turned out to be the unofficial sketchy visitor center, so we left and walked on up and saw a sign that said the official visitor center. They were very helpful! The lady talked to us about how we needed to go to the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds or Wind of the Caves, I forget now. So we headed down towards the American Falls, were we got into a large line for our adventure on the Maid of the Mist, which turned out went a lot faster than we could have thought. We got our tickets and headed on our way to get our blue ponchos. We then boarded our boat, top of the boat in the very front, I'd highly recommend it unless you are too worried about getting wet. So we headed off and drove pass the American Falls, beautiful, and headed straight into Niagara Falls, were we got misted out and poured on but its definitely worth the money and I think the only way to do it. We were told that its cheaper to stay in the US to see it than Canada since Niagara was like the Las Vegas of Canada. I enjoyed it for sure, since I had only seen Niagara from the Canada side, and I'd say if you weren't doing a boat tour the view from there is probably better since you have a better angle.
We then headed to do the other tour, but the line was wrapped around and around and around and around and around, get the point? so we decided not to. Kayla got a bear claw (?) ice cream which was vanilla, fudge swirls, with bear claw shaped chocolate peanut butter treats in it, it looked amazing and the small was ginarmous...we need Kentucky to learn how to do smalls like places in New England do, its crazy!
After a few more pictures of the falls, we headed to Windsor! We crossed the Rainbow Bridge to Canada were the guy got mad at Kayla for being on her phone. He was kind of intense, he asked where we were going and I said Windsor he asked why I told him to watch Kentucky vs Windsor and he said that's a little weird don't you think. I was like nope...and then he asked if I had mace...nope! And we were on our way. As soon as we crossed we learned that gas in Canada is crazy expensive, even though I got excited because I saw 99.9 but realized fast it was 99.99 per litre not gallon, making it 3.74 a gallon, good thing we can make it all the way across to Windsor and back to US in that.
We saw some crazy things while driving across Canada...signs like Fatigue kills take a break...Tailgating kills leave some space...how much speeding will cost...going 50km/hr over would be 10k and license removal...makes you think about speeding huh? It definitely made me, it was kind of a rough drive going from 80mph to like 60mph was not fun...specially a really really boring road.
We got to Windsor checked into our motel and relaxed a little and headed out to eat. There was pretty much nothing around us to eat but The Keg, which turned out to be the perfect place to eat when we saw a bus in the parking lot and Kayla saw the Kentucky Basketball down the side. And we saw John Robic coming out of the restaurant. Ahhh! The team, staff, coaches, Alan Cutler, were all in the corner eating.
We tried to act cool and not be too stalkerish, even though we both really wanted to go over and say hi, but Kayla freaked me out when she asked what if Coach Cal recognized you...and I immediately thought gosh I could be one of those stalkers for sure! We stared at our menu for a while and our waitress came over and asked how we were doing and we said good how are you and she stopped, stared at Kayla and said excuse me what did you say...ummm...how are you? And she was in shock, she said nobody is ever nice to me. She took our drink orders and we laughed. Really nobody?
I got a nice steak cooked perfectly with garlic mashed potatoes...it was SO good...and Kayla got a cheese, butter shrimp bake and garlic mashed taters. While we waited for our food and chatted we watched the basketball team, coaches, staff, managers, etc all leave. Some waved and some looked at us strangely. We both were very impressed with them, because they were super nice and everyone thanked the employees at the place and told them how great the meal was. Giving Kentucky a good name!
A very good night! Excited to see the team and see what they can do...and even more excited that I just found out its only 5:36hrs to Lexington from here! OoOoo I hear my bed calling my name ooo and a shower every single day! Ahh the good life. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment