Hello all! Thought we would write a little blog for you so you can follow our adventure to Yosemite National Park! After picking Kayla up from her house we made all the way to the highway and realized that Kayla had left her passport, unfortunately that meant going back to get the passport when we were trying to avoid rush hour traffic, first sign that trouble was ahead. After picking up the passport we continued our journey back to the highway, getting off New Circle Road to Georgetown road, we hear clink clink clink while talking to Elizabeth. When looking back at the mirror saw something fly out which at the time I thought it was a tree limb, but this would be the second sign of trouble. After many stops trying the car out because we felt it drove weird, we continued down the highway for Baltimore, only to find out that wasn't the best thing to do. After getting pass the Paris and Mt. Sterling exit, a guy driving by us was frantically pointing at our car, while Kayla stared him down for awhile. Next thing I know Kayla goes um the tire is doing some wavey thing. And I responded whats a wavey thing mean! And Kayla says I think we should pull over...we had a flat tire.
After pulling over I had a freak out season and told Kayla maybe we shouldn't go on this trip...Kayla believes this is first on many times I will say I don't want to be on this trip. But all was well thanks to our friend John. He had his first photo shoot, pictures to come, he was quiet adventures on the side of the road.
And Kayla was right, a few minutes after the photo shoot I again said I didn't want to go on this trip again.
After changing the tire we went the gas station to fill spare with air and choose to eat...Kayla who wanted subway and myself wanted McDonald's, unfortunately Kayla's pick was 110% times better than mine...so Kayla 1 Christina 0.
We then got bored in the car so we began the 20 questions game...after 5 serious questions from each we began to have silly question, or should I say Kayla began to have silly questions like...Do you believe in aliens?
Well at some point in this drive we knew we would need to get gas, but we never knew the adventure of getting gas in Barbourville, WV would be. It started out with a caveman running towards our car...enough said? If not we then had a creepy gas attendant...just strange...followed by a semi-caveman pumping gas by our car...needless to say we left there and went to Kroger only to find that Halloween is year round in Barbourville. Who doesn't like Reese's Pumpkins in August or a witches broom?
5 hours later after avoiding everything possible to pull over we yet again encountered some strangeness getting gas. We ran into a lady in the bathroom with 1 big gulp and 1 oversized trucker mug and 20 minutes of waiting, but to find out that if in need with can shower at the Pilot gas station...shower customer 9 your shower waits you.
Rockstar rockstar this is where the trip turned around...they had mango juice energy drink for Kayla and canned Mt. Dew for myself...only if you can imagine us both at 4:30 am on caffeine. We likey!
We were so excited that as we drove in to Baltimore we were able to experience our first sunrise...aren't we romantic?
At 6:15ish we arrive at Sleep Inn and the lady asked checking out...no no we are checking in for three hours...room 619 it is! Ahh the most expensive shower and continental breakfast you can imagine.
We are so hyper from caffeine that I was rocking out to Airplanes and the bathroom, while Kayla was yelling at me saying why are the neighbors ups so early, while she was doing sand angels in bed (she meant snow angels of course). We then proceed to talk about flashlights in bed and bye buuuuddy hope you find your dad...and to know blogging about our adventure because well the caffeine and slap happiness has set in.
Time to start a new adventure, come back for more soon..
Peace out! End Cap and Roll Back
No comments:
Post a Comment