I woke up and drove the rest of the time to Finger Lakes, NY which our first stop was Long Point State Park, were we hunted for seashells...and I was very very very successful and it made my morning! We just hung out there for a while and decided to get some lunch at Jerlando's which was good put probably the worse meal ever for us. I got garlic knots that were drenched in garlic butter with some oregano and then with parmesan cheese. We then headed to Watkins Glen were we started the winery trail. We started at Hazlitt, a recommendation by Diana, which was awesome and we loved the story about the red cat being called hazlitt's horney juice. :) Then we headed to Wagner, were we started a tour and decided that we/Kayla just wanted to drink and not tour. So we started at the brewery which was 1 for 7 beers to taste with some great tasters that were keeping it fun and exciting, and then she tasted the wine which was 8 wines for a 1 as well. Then we headed Lucas were we met "Cathleen but if you don't like me then I am Barb". She was super awesome at her job, she talked to Kayla and I about all kinds of things. She predicted that Kayla just liked to jump in and do things and that I like to taste the waters before just jumping in. She also predicted that Kayla had something in her past that will keep her really close to her mom and that I was headstrong and that I Have great potential and dreams that when I get the confidence I will be successful, and that I just needed to be patient and that I will get there one day...pretty close to being on on both of us. She said some other things to. She also was willing to have a photo shoot with John and so did some of our other tasters. This was also a 1 for 5 but I am sure Kayla got like 14. We then went to Sheldrake were Kayla got to taste 7 wines for 1 as well and we then headed to Thirsty Owl were it cost 2 to taste 8 wines or so but you got your 2 back if you spent it in the gift shop. This was also an interesting place since the guy giving the tasting would just break out in song. We then headed to three brothers winery and brewery which was awesome and tried things that we would have never even thought of, like Riesling Ale. They also posed with John for us.
We then decided to call it a early night and headed to Cayuga Lake State Park were we camped out, which was amazingly cool and nice to wake up to the lake. Headed to Niagara Falls for a day, UK game for another and back to good ole Kentucky!
No comments:
Post a Comment