Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Holiday Season

I think people are starting to think about the holiday season, I know I definitely am. I have my little spreadsheet started and ideas picked out for everyone. I buy for about 38 people and when I say buy I mean get things for really. I don't technically buy everyone gifts but I try to come up with something for them.

This year I have decided for most of the office I would make little mason jars of pecan and almond praline and then something small that is a little more personalized for them. I don't really believe in standard gifts so I am hoping that the additional personal gift will make people feel like I actually thought about them, because really its the thought not the item. For a few other people in the office there will be some type of dinner/lunch/breakfast adventure with them, so more quality time. Then some will get some funny gifts.

The family is a little harder this year, because I can't seem to get anything that I am truly excited about for them. I think my dad will get a new chair and my mom possibly will to. My sisters are hard but maybe something personalized for my sister and brother in law for their house will do nicely, only if I didn't get the daggon basketball stolen out of my car I would be set for them. For my other sister maybe something that we have to do together would be nice. My grandfather is still hard I think as well, maybe some kind of picture thing and some snacks? I think this year I am going to get my grandma a little something, perhaps some pictures from graduation since she didn't come. I think both my aunts and uncles that come will get little ornaments from me. Of course the kids will get whatever they want from me pretty much, I am a sucker for kids at the holiday time.

So that is pretty much a run down of all the people I buy for. I actually feel pretty fortunate to have 38 people that I think of during the holiday season. I also want to think about others this holiday season people that I don't even know really. This year I have a few surprises to helping others that I am really excited about. I also am excited that my friend and I have decide to maybe team up and get stuff for angel tree kid. And perhaps some random acts of kindness stuff I will be doing!

No comments: