Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What are you thankful for?

As Thanksgiving approached I am curious what people are thankful for. If your part of Facebook you probably have seen a lot of people post everyday something they are thankful for, me included. I have tried to be good about posting things that are I am thankful for but perhaps never think about. I also have been trying to post at the end of the day for the most part so I take the time to reflect on my day. This has helped me keep a positive attitude...yes this day was long but gosh look at all the things I have to be thankful for. I know that most people will quit the posting of what they are thankful for because well Thanksgiving is here so we shouldn't be thankful for thing or something to that extent. I am not sure if I will continue or not posting on Facebook but I am definitely am going to try to show in various different ways all the things that I am thankful for. It may just be by telling people that I am, might be by little gestures, heck it may just be something I do for myself, or continuing thinking each night of something I am thankful for.

So so far this month I have been thankful for a lot of things, but the ones I have posted are...

Day 1: I'm thankful for open and honest conversations...this comes from after having a very open and honest conversation with a friend. We have been having lots of open and honest conversations lately and at times its hard but in the long run its bringing us closer. It's also something that has taken me a while to get to so I am thankful that I have someone to be open and honest with as well as how far I have come in this.

Day 2: Thankful for random texts that make me smile! This came after a text that I got that said "Just want you to know how I appreciate you and having you in our lives! You are one of a kind. :-)." I mean really who doesn't like a text like that and what better way to get it than at a random time?

Day 3: Thankful that there is such a passion for Kentucky Children's Hospital, a cause I am very passionate about. This comes after a small event to talk about Circle of Blue, but with a very passionate group of people.

Day 4: Thankful for cubie surprises. This came after my friend left me a nice card and some nice looking flowers that was unexpected.

Day 5: Thankful for a nice patio on a fabulous fall day! This came on a fabulous fall day and I was thankful I was dog sitting to enjoy every last bit of it.

Okay as I go through this I've decided that there is way too many days of thankfulness for me to go through and do so here is the link to my Facebook page that you can go and read them all and if you want an explanation I will send it your way for any of the days.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.yue

I hope that everyone has something to be thankful the whole month of November but really for everyday of their lives.

No comments: