Sunday, November 13, 2011

Random Acts of Kindness (RAK)

I have randomly picked up peoples meals, put money in a meter for someone, picked up messes at stores, put items back when others have put them in wrong places, given up something I had while at a store because someone else wanted it and I had the last one etc.

I have been thinking about how I wanted to do more and put more effort into it. So I have been thinking about things I can do and how perhaps it can start the "pay it forward" idea. I wasn't sure how to do it, I mean people would know something was done for them but would they get the idea that they should maybe do something nice for the next person?

So earlier this month I read a blog about how they did Random Acts of Christmas Kindness that gave me the idea on how to get people to perhaps "pay it forward" so that made me ready to go to do some random things for people.

And today was my first random thing...I went to Steak and Shake today and had me some lunch. While sitting there I was thinking I should pick up someones meal and start the random acts so I thought about it for a while and then this lady sits next to me. She is looking at the menu and I can hear her calculating how much it would cost to get a burger and fries with a milkshake. She decides that she has enough to get the burger, fries, and a milkshake. She then decides that she is really thirty now and wants a sprite so she orders a sprite, and then tells the waitress that she would like to remove the milkshake. But I also hear her say something about now I have an extra $1.30 but that she really wanted the milkshake. I thought this is it she is the one that I should do my random act of kindness. So I got a little milkshake delivered to her and left an extra tip to the waitress for not telling her and went on my way.

Hoping to do more between now and the new year. Then hopefully start a new campaign for 2012.

No comments: