Monday, June 20, 2011

Courtesy Golf Outing

This morning I woke up and went to work for a few hours. It's amazing what all you can accomplish in a morning if you have something fun to do later in the day. I'm pretty sure on the 3 hours I was in this morning I did more than probably 50% of the office...imagine that...but anyways...the best part of getting my work done it meant I was able to spend the day at the Courtesy Golf Outing that benefits the Makenna Foundation which benefits the Kentucky Children's Hospital. I'm pretty much a sucker for golf outings but even more so to the Kentucky Children's Hospital. This golf outing was done up right...it was the University Club where both courses were used and all holes had 8some...amazing turn out not sure if there is even an outing that has more. The weather really couldn't have been any better, it was sunny but with a little bit of an overcast and a nice breeze. This was great since I has to man hole 7 on big blue. I had to get people to pay 20 for the whole team to move up to the ladies tee, it wasn't too bad since I had a nice Acura MDX to sit in and play some music for me but it also made me fall in love with it. I also made two new friends at the hole which was cool. Also at the hole we were taking do donations for Bacardi shots which was pretty cool I suppose...good way to make some extra money. This outing had some really cool ideas to have at the holes like bulc hole which is where you have to pay x amount or you have to use the opposite hand club of what you'd normally hit with. This is a fun and easy money maker I think bc practically everyone will give if they want a good shot. They also had a margarita stop, snow cone stop with bourbon ale-8-one mix, lemon drop hole, etc. They also had pretty nice goodie bags with hats, koozies, balls, tees, and towel place in a drawstring bag. They also fed a very good BBQ lunch, I should probably find out where it was from, it was good stuff. They also had Halls on The River for dinner with good ole burgers! They also had suhweet door raffle items and prizes as trophies. Overall it was a fabulous day to hang out on a golf course and make some good ole money for a cause truly believe in. Already looking forward to next years and actually just the Makenna events in general, always a good time!

No comments: