Monday, June 20, 2011

Suicide...

Dictionary.com gives this definition of suicide...the intentional taking of one's own life...but is it really that simple? I mean isn't it more complex than someone just killing themselves? Also why is it so hard for people to talk about suicide, it happens right? So why not try to talk about it to help prevent it or perhaps understand it some more? I mean maybe its me but isn't when people decide not to talk about it really what causes some to happen. I believe that people think about it before they do it and for the most part probably seek help before doing it and its perhaps the not finding someone that can talk to them to make them feel like its the last option. A month or so ago I heard someone talk about how selfish suicide is, but in reality is it just that simple? They killed themselves to be selfish? I mean I guess to an extent it does make sense, they killed themselves and the people that are still alive are left to pick up the pieces, deal with grief, and many other things I am sure...but have you thought about you saying it was selfish is in reality you being selfish? I am sorry if you hear about someone that committed suicide and your first thought is man they were selfish, well one that probably means you didn't care about them too much, you don't quiet understand it, and personally I think it means your selfish. I strongly believe that when people commit suicide they don't think to themselves oo what can I do to hurt all the people around me or what is the most selfish act I can do...o yeah lets kill myself...yeah negative.

Suicide I think is a very complex situation. I believe that the person that commits suicide has lost all hope and believes its the best thing for them as well as everyone around them. They feel like they can't do anything right and its time to leave the world and make it a better place...ooo and the ones that say they want attention really? They kill themselves to get attention...please explain that one to me. I am going to leave the planet so I can get noticed...well crap whats there to even notice? You ain't even going to be around anymore!

I understand that this subject is a very tough subject to have with people so I am sorry if I offend anyone on this subject. Unfortunately for me I "learned" today that this holds true even to people that you believe are strong and can handle the conversation. Not that this person couldn't handle the conversation, I was just actually inconsiderate and forgot about a friend that had committed suicide in her life. So its hard on a person that has no experience in it but can you image it for someone that has lost a close friend to it? or can you imagine someone that has attempted or thought it? or someone that has dealt with both sides of it? I guess I say this because you just never know and so you should be careful when talking about this subject. You could be talking to someone that is "recovering" from a suicide attempt or talking to someone that lost a close friend. Its a hard subject always.

I am sure after some of you all that read this you probably will wonder if I am thinking about suicide...lets say suicide is on my mind bc of recent interactions.

No comments: