for a better weekend. After having a rough day on Thursday I wasn't sure how my weekend would end up. The morning was a little rough knowing that I was going to be going in for only half a day, but I was able to be really productive knowing that. So I actually ended up getting pretty much all my stuff done at around 10:15 and got to go on an adventure. My adventure was to deliver lunch to a group of people working on a Habitat for Humanity house that is being built for a family that works for UK HealthCare. I was really excited about it this since I am going to be volunteering to help build this house in a few weeks. It was really really amazing to go out there and see that there were about 24 people working on the house and about 12 that were kids that were taking a week of their summer to work on this house from Chicago. As we talked to them and told them thank you the repeated told us thank you for allowing them to come down. It was a great sight to see. It makes me super excited to help in the upcoming weeks.
After we left the Habitat house we decided that we needed lunch ourselves, so we went to good ole Nick Ryans and had a lovely meal out on the patio. After a fabulous meal I went back to the office grabbed my stuff and headed home for the afternoon. It had been decided that the rest of the afternoon would be spent poolside, but my lovely sweet tooth was in full effect. So I suggested going to Caramandas, Magees, Orange Leaf, Cookies, Browns Bakery or all the above...but after starting to eliminating a few places the winner was Browns Bakery. I swung by picked up my bud and headed to the bakery...we decided to get three cupcakes to share and stopped for some milk and headed to the pool. After indulging in some fabulous cupcakes we just hung out by the pool. It was fabulous weather, good magazines, and phenomenal company. I couldn't have asked for a better afternoon off.
After a nice relaxing afternoon I had dinner with the "bf" and went to Nick Ryan's again...I know twice in one day, but the night menu is different than the lunch menu and it was soooo good. We were able to get a table quickly on the patio. I had the Braised Beef Short Ribs with mashed potatoes instead of the cauliflower and it was SO good. I also had the chili potato soup, which was a little different, but good. Man I love this place specially with great company. We then headed to a friends house and just relaxed and chatted around. It was fun to chat and laugh and just have a relaxing Friday evening. All together great day with some amazing friends!
Saturday I started with a nice meeting at Josie's were I got the the BLT&E sandwich which was amazing like always. The company was amazing as well...after a full tummy I picked up a few people and was headed to the Fransisco Art Fair which I have never been to before and found it very interesting. I have always really enjoyed looking at art and really love photography and was able to found a few new photographers that I really enjoy. Hopefully in a few months I can make some art purchases to put on the bare walls in the apartment. I also got a nice little tan and had some good conversations. Another good day and a very relaxing evening dogsitting.
And then on Sunday my buddy and I headed to Morehead to pick up my little cousins rascals. We had a nice drive up chatting and playing some good ole hanging with friends. I love good car rides with friends specially when good conversation goes on, I think its what we needed. When we got to the pick up point we browsed Burkes Outlet which is kind of like a TJ Maxx but not as good supposedly and we heard on the radio that my hometown is getting one, which is exciting. Then we picked up the kids and I drove while she helped entertain the kids, which was pretty easy. I dropped her off and took the kiddos back to the hometown and see my parents, but before we pit stopped and picked up my grandfather which was really cool because they ran up to him and gave him a hug and it was just cute. When we got back to the house I started some laundry and they drew some of the cutiest pictures for our riding buddy as a thank you. Then we headed to dropped them off with their parents after getting my parents and of course have some good ole dinner. Dinner with the aunt, uncle, cousins, sister, parents, and brother was all so good. I then headed back home after a pretty good meal...I am currently laying on the couch with a porch door open about to pass out. This couch is so comfortable and the breeze feels good. I am actually I think getting to feel a little more like myself. I am headed to bed and hoping for a better week.
No comments:
Post a Comment