Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Prayer

What does it mean when someone says they pray for you? Is it weird? Is it a compliment? Is it offensive? When people say they are praying are they really praying for you?

I am not sure what I think about it...I think if someone wants to pray for me then great...I think praying is something that should be between God and the person, I think. I do wonder if people just say they are praying for people and if they really are praying or not. I mean who is really to know but God and themselves. I was told recently that someone was praying for me and I kind of found it as a compliment, because out of everything they could be praying about they keep me in their prayers. Maybe its the people that are praying for me that is keeping me here and keeping God watching over me during my struggles specially while I have kind of come a lost with my relationship with God.

I know that prayer is an important part of many peoples faith but is it much different than thinking? I know for myself I am say I am thinking about you all and maybe its because I am not sure about prayer at this point in my life nor do I quiet get it I guess. If God knows every thought you are having or at least I think that's what it says then isn't every thought like a prayer then? If He knows what I am thinking then when I think something in my head wouldn't He know it and wouldn't that be like prayer. Do you really have to address God each time you are wanting to pray? There are really lots of things I don't get and I think its because I am always looking for more definite answers because I lack the faith that most people have perhaps.

Don't get me wrong I think that prayer works and I have seen great things happen that I believe that the power of prayer was a big part of it, but I am confused on really how to define prayer I guess. I am sure most of my questions are because I don't know and have always seemed to struggle in finding faith, God, knowing about prayer and so many other things.

I am not even sure that any of this make sense but oh well.

No comments: