I had the most unbelievable trip this week. It was just so perfect. My friend and I went on a road trip on a last minute whim. I was a tad worried about it since we have never gone on a "big" road trip and we haven't ever spent such a long period of time together. It also was such a big trip for me and could be our first and last one together. I hope that its just the first and not t he last, because really it was just so unbelievable.
The weather was absolutely amazing minus the earthquake, but that just made the trip even better and a great story for us to tell in the future. On Monday we woke up and hit the road at 4:00 am to head to Baltimore, MD. I drove for a few hours while she got a little extra rest in. The drive was quiet impressive, it was nice scenery the whole drive and a great sunrise. We had some pretty good and random conversations, which lately I have loved so much. After a little breakfast, a gas stop, and one bathroom break we arrived at the Inner Harbor. We got there found a parking spot and got tickets to be on the water taxi. We got on at the Harbor Place dock and headed to Fells Point, where we wandered around and ate at a little pizza place. We then wandered around some more and headed back on the Water Taxi to Fort McHenry. We wandered around for a little bit and saw a very powerful video that then opened up to a view of the flag. We then jumped back on the water taxi and headed back to Fells Point where we got some gelato. It was SO good! We then got back on the water taxi and back to Harbor Place where I got a few souvenirs and we then headed to D.C.
We got stuck into some traffic headed to D.C. but it was another amazing drive until we got into D.C. and some some crazy outfit. We drove to the hotel and checked in and hung out for a little bit. Then we headed for a walk to Georgetown where we found a little place for dinner. We then went on the metro, my first time on the D.C. metro and head to see the monuments at night. It was incredible to see them at night and experience it all. I also really enjoyed getting a sneak peak of the Martin Luther King, Jr Memorial and it really was us sneaking a peak. We then headed back to the hotel were we chatted for a little bit, which I really enjoyed. We both pretty much passed out, it was an early morning and a late night, but a great day all around.
It was so nice to just lay around and not have anything to do the next morning. I enjoyed just sleeping until I woke up as well as getting ready and still being able to lay around in bed. I also loved laying around and chatting about life, stupid stuff, and just some of the most random things, but it was so great. We woke up and headed back to Georgetown and had a little lunch. We were given a survey which we both took and were able to get a free dessert each. We then went to Georgetown Cupcakes where we each got a cupcake. We then wandered around some more and then I took our desserts back to the hotel while they did some shopping. I went off to a meeting afterwards and about 2 an Earthquake hit D.C. Which was kind of funny, but scary since we weren't together and I couldn't even check on them. I am certainly glad that they were okay. Afterwards things were done and we met back up and chatted about our day as well as the Earthquake. We then headed out to the Nationals game, which was very calm and the weather was amazing. We just sat and watch the game and did some chatting. We decided to leave the game early and headed to get some ice cream, which was great and we were able to sit outside and chat. We then headed back to the hotel. I went on a little walk and just needed some time to clear my head. I went back to the hotel room where I got ready for bed and we chatted some more. We processed some of the things that happened in the day as well as things that might happen. We also talked about things in the past as well as my fibbing skills. It was just a great day and I really enjoyed chatting about random things. We both went to sleep, well one of us did.
The next morning I got up and got ready and then laid back around and we chatted some more about life. We headed back to home...the first part of the ride was rough. Mainly because I was struggling and was shutting them out. I think I just had so much fun this week, enjoyed how much time we hung out, and just fun chatting and felt like this could be the end of it, specially not knowing what happens in the future. So of course I shut them out for the first several hours of the drive. Things got a little better after we stopped at the West Virgina rest area, where we chatted a little and explained that things were going on in my mind. I know that I should have been better specially all that they have done for me, but being scared is something I typically do. After a stop for frozen cokes, TCBY, and some gas we were finally in the last leg of our adventure. We also had some great conversations about how much our friendship has grown, our families, the future, and ourselves. It was really a great trip with everything going right.
No comments:
Post a Comment