Monday, July 21, 2008
Lee Medical Office Day 6
Week 2 has began and the challenge really began today. Today was the first day that the lady I was replace wasn't really there...and it scared me a little because its just me and one other person running labs, taking vitals, interview patients, etc. So clearly I was nervous and being sick on top of it wasn't much fun at all. But I started the morning and I did paperwork, which was nice to get all caught up with it. But I did really good I believe...today was my first day actually on my own. I actually pricked several peoples fingers to take blood and run lips, and AST/LST (maybe not the right letters but close) Lipids tests your cholesterol and AST/LST test your liver function just incase your wondering. I also pricked a lady in the arm today and missed big time on the arm, which really sucked because if you've ever been pricked in the arm and they've missed you know what I mean...I felt so bad for the lady but she was extremely nice. Then I got someone that came in that had an abscess on her stomach (which is a collection of pus that has formed in a cavity that is starting to infect) that might have been one of the weirdest things I have seen...it honestly looked like a big @$$ pimple that had then for years and got infected..it kind of looked like he had a lower outy belly button as well...can you imagine both together? Do you remember how I told you about the foot and having to cut it to get the infection out...yeah same thing happened for this guy but it was on the belly...I don't think details are really needed on that. Other than those things the day was pretty normal, just the same things I have been doing the last 5 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment