Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lee Medical Office Day 4

At the start of the day I thought man this is going to be a great one, but I have to say I was wrong it really wasn't but it was still a good one. This mornig we went to the hospital around 6:45ish and I got to sit in on a stress test and actually learn what a stress test looks for and how it looks for things. My uncle drew diagrams and showed me how to read the screen to actually now if anything as going on or not. It was great, except its not much fun seeing an older bigger hairy man running on a treadmill that early in the morning. After that I went on to the officce and was able to do finger pricks and really get lab work done...I did several lipids, AST/ALT, uring dips, and UAs today. I also was able to do CDL which is hearing test, eye test, and several other things that my uncle does. We currently are getting tons of new patients in and I am able to get all their history and get it in the computer. But to be honest not too much exciting happened today...I did do my first allergy shot today and my first EKG on a women, which was a tad bit weird. Today was pretty much just a basic day in the office to be honest, but it was still pretty cool to me...I am still learning about drugs which is pretty awesome and I've started to read book about them to get a better understanding of what goes ona nd why you take the things you take.

No comments: