Monday, July 21, 2008

People in Leitchfield

amaze me...I feel like I have ran into some crazy people in my life time, but this place beats them all..and this isn't to sound mean but I feel like its true. At the same time though I've never worked at a doctors office to see really how crazy people can be. Just today I am going to name some characters for you and just remember that these will just be examples from today's day of work. We had a couple that came in that were new patients and their appointment was at 2, they decided to come in at 11...not sure but I didn't know doctors offices were like airports and you had to be there several hours before...this sepcially was weird because not only did they get there at 11 but they had to leave at 1 because thats when the office closes for lunch...so pretty much a waste of their time and of course they yell at us, but even though its weird to me that they came that early, its probably pretty normal...the really weird thing to me is that is weird to me is the guy is on oxygen tanks, but the lady that watches him makes him take off the tank when they are walking or doing any activity, which is weird because her excuse is well if we are walking I have him take it off so he doesn't fall on me and get the oxygen tank and tubes tangled up within me...which is pretty stupid, because he's probably falling because he needed that oxygen tank to keep him breathing. The next one is the abscess guy he told me that his wife had been just popping it for him like a zit since he first got it 6 months ago...I am not sure but if I got a zit by my hips under my belly button that was big and it hurt if someone touched it I would be straight at the doctor not letting anyone pop it monthly like it was a zit. Can you imagine? Good Morning hunny...its that time of the month lets get this big moulder size zit popped before I go on to wokr. People are crazy. I also had a lady that told me I stole her paper clip and was very mad that it was missing. I offered to get a new one but she said no and told me that here was a special one on there and I had stolen it...I am still trying to figure out if I really did take it or not...but everyone thinks she doens't know what she is talking about because of medical history....but I got her a new one and she was mad but did take it, but geez didn't know it would be a big deal. Then there is who they like to call peach basket man...which he does make baskets for picking/storing peaches...but he's a little scary...he's this guy that weaves baskets and he came by and brought little baskets to all of us and he had an extra one and told one of the lady I worked with jokingly said I will give you the extra one if you give me a little extra while looking at her up and down...pretty sick huh? We also have several that are just drug seekers...2 patients came in today just complaining baout how no medicines work for them and they need something stronger and its like your not going to get some crazy narcotic just for a little cut on your finger or whatever the incident may be...my uncle isn't stupid and its pretty easy to tell what people want and if they are really in pain...we also discovered that there was someone that was dippin in at two pharmacies...I may have already said this...I fell asleep last night when I first started writing this...okay so one more example of yesterday one of the ladies daughters was in here and she was one crazy girl...she's what 12-13 maybe getting ready to start the 8th grade so whatever age that is...and her mom doesn't give her medication to her when she's not in school and I am not sure whats wrong with her I am thinking ADD because she was bouncing off the walls and it was the most annoying thing in the world...she just was talkign to hear herself talk basically...I honestly think I know more about her then I even know about myself...I know who her best friend is and where she lives and why she moved, the music she listens to, what she likes to eat etc...but my biggest pet peeve I think is that she was loud running around the office all day and getting into everyones stuff and making a mess...I am sorry but at the age of 12-13 I knew better actually I probably was at the restaurant working or watching my little sister and definately cleaning after myself...I dunno maybe this makes me sound like a snob...but I just don't understand how you don't know some of the things that these people don't know. The lady I work with who I think is really cool and nice, is absolutely freaked out by the way I type...really the way I type...I am not sure but I feel like I type just like anyone else...maybe not people here since most chicken peck, but when I type she gets freaked out and walks out...its really weird. But I am done judging...its been a good experience being around several different types of people...its good for my personality skills...or what I have of them.

1 comment:

Bethie said...

I'm going to puke. Abcess, zit popping, ew.