Yesterday was freaking awesome you all! I am loving the job! Yesterday I got to really see how a medical office runs and I am having that crazy itch to go into medicine...I think I've done a really good job and picked it up really easily. It started off a little rough, my uncle just moved offices and nothing was really up and running...so its wasn't fun at all. But it was good to show of my computer skills. When the day started I took vitals and interview patients. Taking vitals was really cool I learned to do blood pressure and take heart rate. Its so awesome listening to someone's heart! My uncle sees a lot of older people and its really awesome to be able to just joke with them and kind of make their day...which you all know is something I love to do. Of course there are those pain in the butt ones, but those are usually the interesting ones...and even funnier since this is redneck country. As the day went on I watched and "learn" how to give allergy shots and what dosages to give to people. I also learned how to do blood work...which is really cool...I think I may have a thing for it. Its a little scary because sometimes you don't get people with good veins which makes it a little difficult. I also am learning to do the tech stuff like running labs, which pretty interesting but at the same time makes me sick to touch people's pee and stuff like that. There was some lady that brought in her mucus which was like grey and thick like gak, which was a pretty nasty thing to see specially since it was right before lunch. I also got to help my uncle cut open a foot that had a infection in it, but you all know me and I HATE feet and this one was extremely nasty...he had long long yellow crust toe nails and a rough bottom of the foot and then this infection on it that had to be cut and drained. So we had to numb it which really hurts the patient when your numbing it up and he kept jerking that scared me that I would poke myself when he jerked..but then we cut the foot in like a cross shape and it just oozed out white gunk...and then we had to cut open it up more so it can all come out and then put it on medication. It was SO freaking awesome! Then soon I get to watch my aunt operate and I am hoping to be able to watch her deliver a baby! I am SO freaking excited for all of this. I love that each day brings new and exciting things. The people I work with are awesome too well most of them...or receptionist is pretty horrible...she can't keep an appointment book, extremely lazy, and rude...I am sure you all can imagine this scenario. Then the billing person is older and redneck, she reminds me of someone and when I think of who it is I will let you all know. Then the 2 other medical assistance are extremely cool...a little more redneck then me though of course...but pretty cool, they are sarcastic like me and very straight forward about things. They are extremely nice and really want to teach me things. So the day was really awesome and I am so excited to see what will happen this summer.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Lee Medical Offices Day 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad you are blogging; it makes you seem like you are still here! :)
I didn't know you were in Leichfield (sp?)! Sounds like you are doing some pretty interesting things! Keep the blogs coming! I love reading them :D
Post a Comment