Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Internet Free Weekend

As you can tell I didn't quiet make it on any this weekend to blog but I just decided to unplug myself from the internet this weekend which kind of did me wonders. Well technically it was a weekend free from my laptop actually which means no blogging, no surfing the Internet, no working, no job hunting etc.

Friday I ran some errands and then headed to a dinner party for salad, paella, and homemade peach ice cream. It was a nice relaxing night with great food, great conversation, and even better company. It was the perfect way to start off a very relaxing weekend. Even though it did ruin my surprise for the night it was still fun and was able to still spend time with my friend which was more what the surprise was about. Unfortunately the surprise still hasn't happened so can't tell you what it is yet but will hopefully soon, maybe even pictures.

Saturday was a lazy lazy day for me but wonderfully relaxing. I woke up made a hashbrown casserole and got ready. I went to a friends house and walked on down to the Farmer's Market where I browsed all the farms and vendors. I bought some fresh peaches, bought some squash, and some freshly made pasta. Peaches were bought to make ice cream again which still sits in my fridge, perhaps tomorrow. The pasta was bought to go with pesto but now maybe for carbonara and the squash was for just grilling but it also may go in some carbornara with peas, mmm peas! After that we walked back up and headed to my place where I made mac n cheese and the mix for peach ice cream. We headed to the ppol until it rained and then ventured in to start a movie and start lunch and a friend joined us for lunch...grilled hot dogs, mac n cheese, and hashbrown casserole, good ole stuff. After lunch and all we headed back to the pool for some good magazine reading and laying. Several hours later on friend gone and a new one joining we called it quits to figure out night plans which included a trip to Shoe Carnival which was way funnier than it probably should have been due to slap happiness I was experiencing and realizing I have one big fat foot and a guy that practically gave 50% off on a pair of sandals. After that I laid at my friends house and chatted while she got ready and I met Fancy...yeah Fancy was his name. And we headed to Atomic Cafe my first time there and possibly last I woke up the next morning sweaty and with side pains. I was hoping it was just me but another person felt the same. After that we went to Cheapside park and headed home.

Sunday I start a mini vacation practically...I ate some awesome carbonara which is why all my stuff from Sat is being changed to a carbonara dish. We alsogolfed and I had a pretty awesome game I think with some of the family, got into the pool, had a great dinner, played with the cousins, laid in a cars tent, watched a movie in surround sound and headed to bed. It was very nice and relaxing.

Monday woke up watched a little Tom and Jerry with the cousins had a glorious breakfast. Got into the nice massage chair, man I wish I had one. Then we got in the pool for a bit, well I really just watched and read a book until my cousin wanted to play and get out of the pool. So we laid together, might be the best/cutest pool bud there is. Then showered got packed up and cleaned up and headed to Lou. After a pit stop at DQ for blizzards! We had the VIP treatment in Lou, it was fabulous. Parking right at the Waterfront, special seats, pizza, and drinks all good stuff, followed by awesome tickets to the Lou Bats game, second row behind home plate good stuff! When it got close to firework time we headed back to Waterfront and got in out seats to watch fireworks. It was the perfect end to a perfect weekend! Good stuff peope good stuff!

So a great weekend.

No comments: