Monday, July 25, 2011

Quotes to make you think...

"Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they'll notice. If they don't, you know where you stand with them."
Do you really know where you stand? Maybe they know you and know that you need space?

"A true friend can go long periods of time without speaking to you and never question the friendship."
So if you question a friendship does it mean your not true friends?

"Don't leave something good to see if you can find better, because once you realize you had the best, the best found better."

If they are what's best for you would they really ever find better?

"It's funny how I'm good at giving advice to others, but when it comes to helping myself, I don't know what to do."
I think this holds true to everyone.

When you're important to someone, they will always find a way to make time for you. No excuses, no lies, and no broken promises.
It may not be when you want it but they will find time and understand your needs.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Fight for you. Respect you. Inspire you. Encourage you. Need you. Deserve you. Save you.
My friends do all these things for me and I hope I do all those things for them too.

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them."
I think this goes for adults too. It's not about what you get them but how you make them feel. I think that I tend to buy a lot of things for people but I think I try to do my best to recognize that its the time I spend with people and how I make them feel that is important not the item. I hope more than anything that people remember me for who I am and what I did rather than what I bought them.

"Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you." - William James
It's so important to dream and believe and strive to reach your dream. You become a different person I think.

A true friend cares like a mom, scolds like a dad, teases like a sister, irritates like a brother, and loves more than a lover.
I've got a few of these and am so blessed to have these true friends. I'd be lost without these kinds of friends.

Don't ever judge anyone. You don't know their story and what's really going on. A smile can hide so much.
I am guilty when it comes to this one...well hiding behind a smile.

"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit." - Napoleon Hill
It's your choice to either make it through it all or let it defeat you.

I am sure I will have some more quotes later on but that's all I have for now.

No comments: