Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nursing...

So what if I go back to school and become a nurse...is it stupid? I can't really decide, but I think that its something that I need to give a try. All my life I can remember being asked what I want to do when I grow up and the answer I had was a doctor until about four years ago. Even during the last 4 years when I struggled with it and new that I wasn't going to be a doctor, my answer sometimes still defaulted to a doctor. I actually really wanted to be a pediatrician more than anything. Its been really hard to let it go and I guess since I am digging into a new career you can say it hasn't really been let go. I mean but in reality how do you let your life long dream go? I know that people always say they want to be a doctor, but I feel like this is different. I really think I have a knack for something and I think that its helping people and I really want to help people in the medical field. I spent a summer with my uncle working as a medical assistant and was able to pick it up easily.

So barely two months after graduation I am rethinking my life and wanting to go back to school and get a degree in nursing. Today after a conversation with a friend of mine I started to really think about my future. I looked into what it would take to get into nursing program...I am 3 prereq from being able to get into the program...so why not take those three classes and see if its something I would want to do? My heart and my gut is telling me yes...I hope that my brain agrees.

I have had really good support from my friend that I talked to this morning. Others around me I am unsure about. I mean I know that people mean well but its the way they do it and I know that sometimes timing is off and it makes things hard. I was really excited to tell someone about this and didn't really get the response I wanted, but I know they tried, but it was still rough...I dunno its hard but I think I can do it with support so I am hoping that people think this is a good idea for me. I am excited for the opportunity to explore it and hope that this is a good fit for me. If not at least I can say I tried it right?

No comments: