Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Negativity

It seems like there is a lot of negativity lately in my office. Its to the point where its starting to get on my nerve, but I am trying my hardest to keep my head up. How long can you keep your head up when it seems like everyone around you is being overly negative? I have been trying so hard to keep a smile on my face, but its really really hard to do this. I understand that people have bad days and that things aren't completely perfect in the world, but I think its what you make it. I have been struggling myself with life and keeping a positive attitude but I think I have done pretty well. I just smile and move on with life because why fight something you can't fight or worry about? I love that people in my office love coming to me and talking to be about things, actually its an honor but at times it can be draining when struggling myself. Hopefully though I am helping them feel better and hopefully just the ability to talk to me is helpful. I am very lucky that I also have friends that are willing to let me complain to them as well. It's all about having a balance, I can't always be one that is giving advice and listening to people complain but I definitely can listen and lend an ear as long as their are others that are willing to be there for me as well. I smile a lot knowing that I have found this balance and it makes me feel great that I am hopefully helping others but have also found someone to be my friend that helps me in my situations as well.

No comments: